Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Fishing Trip #51 May 12, 2015 6:40 PM

Went fishing for about 90 minutes this evening. The lake was calm and quiet. I tried a Wacky Worm rigged with a Yum plastic worm but no bites at first, so I switched to a Shallow Running Jointed Square-Bill Crankbait. I caught two largemouth bass. 

I was determined to improve my skills with the Wacky Worm setup, so I switched back to it and moved to a different location. I caught 4 more largemouth bass with the Wacky Worm. I also had a 5th bass on but it spit the hook while I was trying to land it. One of the bass was 14 inches long and a real fighter!

An observation regarding feeding habits: I found a crayfish in the throat of one of the bass I caught. I'll keep that in mind when choosing lures.

Weather conditions: 69 degree air temperature with light breezes from the southwest. The sky was clear
.


  • Caught 2 largemouth bass using an H2O XPRESS Shallow Running Jointed Square-Bill Crankbait
  • Caught 4 largemouth bass using a Wacky Rigged Yum Plastic Worm.

Catch and Release.




Catch #1

Catch #2

Catch #3

Catch #4—14 inches long

Catch #5

Catch #6


No comments:

Post a Comment