Monday, April 13, 2015

Fishing Trip #26 April 13, 2015 5:50 AM & Personal Best So Far This Season

Went fishing for about 30 minutes on my way to work this morning. It had just stopped raining and the air was humid. The lake surface was a little choppy from the wind. The fish were hitting my lure like crazy! I had about 6 to 8 solid strikes and 2 that were on for a few seconds before spitting hook.

The first 2 bass I landed were a little on the small side and the second one put up a pretty good fight. After about 20 minutes I started heading back to the vehicle to go to work but decided to cast out one more time. BAM!! I got a massive strike and when I started reeling the fish in, I knew it was a big one. The pole bent way over and the drag started pulling out. I tightened the drag and played the fish a little bit until it got to the shore. I lugged it up on the bank. It measured 19 inches long and had a large girth. I'm thinking it was a mama bass full of eggs. After I removed the hook (solidly lodged in the lower jaw), I took a few photos and released it back into the lake. This is my personal best for a largemouth bass. Last year I caught an 18 inch bass in the same lake, but this one was not only longer but also remarkably heavier.

Weather conditions: 58 degree air temperature with 14 mph winds from the north, with a pre-dawn sky.


Caught 3 largemouth bass using 
an H2O XPRESS Shallow Running Jointed Square-Bill Crankbait.

Catch and Release.



First catch.

Second catch.


Third catch and personal best!

It measured 19 inches long

No comments:

Post a Comment